How to win more work
If your application to join Verified Trader has been successful, perfect, then we already know you are great tradesperson and your work will speak for itself. Getting noticed by potential customers can be difficult. We have created key points to creating an effective profile on Verified Traders website.
From our research carried out with users, we believe an effective profile should include:
- An introduction to you / your company
- A face to the business
- Your key selling points (experience, qualifications, insurance, etc.)
- Your reviews from previous customers
- Pictures of previous work you have carried out
- Your businesses address, contact details and link to website
- Company social media links
- Location to be available to view on a map
- Make sure customers leave reviews for you
If you are contacted from a potential customer from Verified Trader, covering the above on your profile, tied in with being friendly and professional, you should win work.
Resolving Issues – Trader
As a member you promise to meet The Verified Trader Code of Conduct and agree to have feedback from your customers published online for all to see.
Before we publish negative feedback we like to give our both our customer and our members a chance to put the matter right. We have found that this usually results in a much better outcome for you. It doesn’t happen very often, but if it does here’s how we can help:
- Verified Trader encourage and recommend customers to make all reasonable efforts to discuss the issues directly with you the company concerned to see if a mutual resolution can be made.
- Whilst Verified Trader will undertake a level of investigation, our aim is to remain impartial throughout, supporting where we can both parties to a reasonable resolution.
- Verified Trader will contact you the company to discuss your concerns as this encourages a resolution. If the customer wishes for Verified Trader not to contact you the company we may be able to investigate the complaint but cannot publish the comments. The complaint will be kept on record which will allow us to build up a picture of how you the company conducts their business and so we are aware of the customer for future reference.
- Verified Trader can only assist customers with complaints about Verified Trader members (this includes any complaints up to a year prior to the company becoming a member).
- The complaint must be within a 12 month period from the day the work was completed, or outside of this date range we can only review complaints if the guarantee or warranty is in place.
- Appointment history is displayed on the website; all other pre-work reviews will be recorded internally.
- If necessary, Verified Trader may ask for evidence of work carried out. In the absence of evidence we will be unable to publish the complaint.
- Verified Trader will not publish anonymous comments or those from third parties.
- If a satisfactory resolution is obtained, the customer is welcomed to decide whether they wish to continue with the original comments, to withdraw them or to submit new feedback.
- We aim to respond to all Complaints within 24 hours.
- We aim to publish all complaints within 1 week.
- All feedback is published in order of date of work.
- Verified Trader reserves the right to edit comments for length, spelling or clarity. We will not publish names or abusive language.